At ESTEE, researchers are working on synergies between Bioregenerative Life Support Systems (BLSS) developed for human space exploration and associated Earth-based applications, focusing on the development of innovative products that make efficient BLSS globally available. The main objectives of the project are to develop and design a BLSS according to internal specifications and to create technical documents necessary for the project (3D models, technical drawing, parts and items lists, etc.).
Earth Space Technical Ecosystem Enterprises SA (ESTEE SA) is a young Swiss company based in Lausanne, Switzerland. ESTEE SA is developing systems that combine emerging cleantech and biotechnology and operates in closed loop. Associated applications of such systems include food production and wastewater treatment.
Prototyping, testing and operations are conducted in a facility located in the north-western part of Lausanne, with the company headquarters located in downtown Lausanne. The internship will be located in Bussigny.
This project will allow you to join a highly-dedicated and passionate team and work in a start-up environment at the boundary between research and product development.
Please get in touch with us to learn more about this project!
As SolidWorks Technician, your internship project objectives would be as follows:
- To develop (mechanical, hydraulic, electric, architecture, etc.) innovative concepts, design, model and draw based on specifications within the project timeline.
- To integrate subsystems developed by suppliers.
- To manage all technical data according to company structure.
- To draw up technical files: 3D drawings, detail drawings, parts lists, etc.
- To report regularly to the internship leader.
- To be the technical interface between the different contributors of the project.
- CFC, ES or HES in mechanics or similar (hydraulic, electrical knowledge is a plus)
- Mastery in SolidWorks or similar CAD tools
- Good knowledge of technical drawings
- Flexibility, open-mindedness
- Problem solving skills
- Good writing and oral expression skills to interact and manage technical discussions with colleagues
- Good reporting abilities
- Independence (ability to take initiative)
- Self-organization and adaptation skills
Internship duration 3-6 months (preferred: 6 months)
Percentage attendance at work 80-100%
Starting date of the contractual relationship To be discussed
Proposed salary To be discussed
Application closing date 31.10.2017
To apply please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.