Living Space Organisation
At ESTEE, researchers are working on synergies between Bioregenerative Life Support Systems (BLSS) developed for human space exploration and associated Earth-based applications, focusing on the development of innovative products that make efficient BLSS globally available.
Developing an optimised and satisfying self-sustainable living space in a very limited volume is one of several basic challenges that needs to be addressed.
The aim of the proposed internship project is to develop an optimal living space organization system needed for our company products.
Earth Space Technical Ecosystem Enterprises SA (ESTEE SA) is a young Swiss company based in Lausanne, Switzerland. ESTEE SA is developing systems that combine emerging cleantech and biotechnology and operates in closed loop. Associated applications of such systems include food production and wastewater treatment.
Prototyping, testing and operations are conducted in a facility located in the north-western part of Lausanne, with the company headquarters located in downtown Lausanne. The internship will be located in Bussigny.
This project will allow you to join a highly-dedicated and passionate team and work in a start-up environment at the boundary between research and product development.
Please get in touch with us to learn more about this project!
The internship project objectives are as follows:
- Performing a state-of-the-art analysis of existing space architectural solutions which could help us to:
- Solve the challenges of living in confined environment;
- Integrate complexed equipment to reduce the operation time;
- Understand crew needs;
- Explore modular architecture challenges and bottlenecks;
- Propose adapted technical concept and solutions.
- Assessing the identified concepts and solutions, and selecting the best options for each scenario.
- Identifying the best suppliers/partners for the needed equipment to be used for prototyping activities.
- Designing and optimizing the living space organisation of a semi-closed habitat prototype to maximize its ergonomics and autonomy.
- Literature review capacities
- Good writing and oral expression skills to manage discussions with suppliers
- 3D modelling and design skills (Solidworks knowledge is required)
- Being autonomous
- Being organized
- Good reporting abilities
- Good ability to quickly get on board of a specific technical topic.
- Adaptability skills
- Previous experience in space architecture and/or related technologies is a plus.
Internship duration 6 months
Percentage attendance at work 80-100%
Starting date of the contractual relationship 15.10.2017 (with some flexibility)
Proposed salary To be discussed
Application closing date 15.09.2017
To apply please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.