Autonomous Habitat Project Manger
As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing a R&D project related to autonomous and self-sufficient habitat (scope, schedule, cost, technical requirements and implementation). You will be responsible for integrating independent systems designed by other project managers.
- As an autonomous habitat project manager, you shall:
- Integrate multiple sub-systems into a complex system in an efficient manner. You shall have multiple fields of knowledge and experience such as structure, construction materials, ideally including composites, electricity, hydraulic, control system.
- Be familiar with the design and development of products and shall have a proven record of experience in the management of complex interfaces.
- Excel at identifying and implementing new technologies to transform a concept into an applicable, efficient and operative/working solution.
- Have a good knowledge of the different systems that are essential/mandatory for an autonomous house.
In addition you have a proven record of successfully leading R&D efforts through the design and verification stages.
Finally, you are familiar with procurement processes. You have participated as a project leader in programs from concept to implementation. You also know how to evaluate competitive products and make “Make/Buy” decisions for strategic products.
Earth Space Technical Ecosystem Enterprises SA (ESTEE SA) is a young Swiss company based in Lausanne, Switzerland. ESTEE SA is developing systems that combine emerging cleantech and biotechnology and operates in closed loop. Associated applications of such systems include sustainable habitat, healthy habitat, food production and wastewater treatment.
Prototyping, testing and operations are conducted in a facility located in the north-western part of Lausanne, while the company headquarters are located in downtown Lausanne.
A relevant interest in some of the following topics will be an asset: smart habitat management, space architecture, agricultural and food engineering (particularly automation, robotics, hydroponics, aeroponics, soil management), as well as resource management, wastewater treatment, waste management and air purification.
- Perform analytical studies and technical reviews of the existing and emerging solutions and technologies in the field of sustainable habitat, sustainable housing and sustainable construction, as well as modular and prefabricated construction, with a strong focus on habitability, ergonomics and building energy performance optimization;
- Analyse the needs and requirements of the sub-system to be integrated;
- Define technical specification to satisfy the sub-systems’ needs and requirements (inputs and outputs) and the management of their interfaces;
- Participate to the integration and validation of new concepts and sub-systems within an autonomous habitat;
- Understand and participate to the definition of the project’s mid-term and long-term needs and requirements;
- Play a key role in the development and management of project timelines, priorities, risks, budget and resources to create and maintain reliable plans for ongoing projects;
- Adjust the scope and priorities based on the company’s strategy evolution;
- Establish and maintain integrated project schedules to enable accurate project timelines and financial analyses, and ensure accurate functional input provision into business planning processes;
- Develop the new products with state-of-the-art engineering and project management tools (CAD, FEM, FMEA, PoE, risks analysis…);
- Produce, collect and control, in a timely manner, the necessary documentation related to autonomous habitat and report to ESTEE representatives;
- Participate in the agenda preparation for project team meetings: organize meetings, prepare slide decks and give inputs to minutes and action plans;
- Communicate and follow up on decisions and action plans involving the full project team;
- Implement project management procedures and contribute to the company’s organisational assets, and report to the upper management;
- Prepare and facilitate the decision-making processes with the review committee;
- Raise critical issues to the upper management, propose and lead resolution planning;
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; help to prepare an annual budget, schedule expenditures, perform variance analysis and initiate corrective actions.
Required Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture
Preferred Master’s Degree in Architectural Engineering
- Proficiency with common project management practices, methodology (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean) and tools is required;
- 5 to 10 years of project management experience related to new technology development, clean tech, prototyping, engineering or construction;
- 2 to 5 years as project manager in charge of multi-disciplinary projects;
- Strong knowledge and experience in the (sustainable) construction industry;
- Excellent knowledge in materials properties and structures;
- Proven record of system design including dimensioning of structure elements;
- Demonstrated analytical planning, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Exceptional attention to details and ability to consolidate complex information in a clear and straightforward manner;
- Ability to work efficiently with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization with geographically dispersed and remote teams;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders;
- IT skills: MS office, MS Project, FEM software, 3D modelling tools (Solidworks, Catia V4 or V5, AutoCAD, Pro-Engineer, Rhinoceros, Sketchup);
- Fluent in English (preferred: additional fluency in French)
Percentage attendance at work 60-100% in 2017, 100% from 2018 onwards
Starting date of the contractual relationship 01.07-01.09.2017
Note: Benefits and proposed salary to be negotiated.
If you are interested, please apply on JobUp.ch